Hepatology is a branch of medicine concerned with the study, prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases that affect the liver, gallbladder, biliary tree and pancreas. These conditions include (but are not limited to):
- Fatty liver disease and liver cirrhosis
- Viral hepatitis infections (hepatitis A, B, C and E)
- Drug overdose, particularly paracetamol overdose
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Liver cancer
- Genetic and metabolic liver disease
- Drug metabolism
- Damage to the pancreas or biliary tract caused by infection, cancer, alcohol, bleeding or obstruction
Our Hepatologists at Sungai Long Specialist Hospital are trained professionals in providing patients with professional advice and conduct these complicated surgeries.
Here at Sungai Long Specialist Hospital, we take our customer’s clinical presentation and experience with the utmost care. Find out more about our Hepatologist at Sungai Long Hospital by contacting us today.