Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (Women Specialist)
Healthy women are the cornerstone of healthy societies. Keep yourself in shape by maintaining a balanced lifestyle, take precautions against health risks, and frequently perform medical check-ups. Sungai Long Specialist Hospital provides obstetrics and gynaecology services in providing women diagnosis on their reproductive health, pregnancy and childbirth. Serving preventing and curative care incorporating stateof-the-art facilities, Sg Long Specialist Hospital’s team of obstetrician & gynaecologists (OBGYNs) are
professionally trained to provide comprehensive care to women of all ages.
DID YOU KNOW:
1. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), cervical cancer is the 3rd leading cause of cancer afflicting Malaysian women, primarily caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Over 11.55 million Malaysian women are at risk of developing cervical cancer, in which early diagnosis, effective screening and treatments could mitigate fatalities.
2. Pap smears, proper cervical screening as well as vaccination are key measures for prevention and early detection of complications in female reproductive health.
3. According to American College of OBGYNs (ACOG), smoking increases a pregnant woman's risk of serious complications, including miscarriage.
4. Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) spreads from an infected mother to her child upon birth. According to medical records, HIV infections among Malaysian women occur primarily through sexual transmission. Safe sex practices are always recommended in preventing the spread of HIV and various venereal diseases.
5. A safe birth is defined as a delivering mother under the supervision of either a certified midwife or a doctor. Mothers dying of complications after unattended home births are in decline asmore hospitals provide safe facilities managed by professionally-trained birth attendants. The Ministry of Health encourages women to give birth in hospitals or birthing centres led by midwives (for low-risk pregnancies) in encouraging safe births for the mother and child.
6. Following global trends, Malaysian women are opting for Caesarean (C-section). According to a 2020 research, the rate of C-section among Malaysian mothers have risen over the past 5 years, promoting hospitals to adapt and provide a uniform standard in serving mothers who opt for the procedure.
The health of women determines the health of future generations. Visit Sungai Long Specialist Hospital in
seeking professional health and medical services regarding OBGYN. Whether it be pregnancy and the
postpartum period to the inspection of the reproductive system (vagina, uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix,
and ovary), Sungai Long Specialist Hospital takes ample care of mothers by providing the following
• First trimester screening
• Detailed ultrasound examination of foetus
• Chorionic villus sampling & amniocentesis
• Doppler studies in high-risk pregnancy
• Infertility Services (IVF)
• Gynaecological Oncology
• Maternal-Foetal Medicine
Make an appointment with Sungai Long Specialist Hospital for the following matters:
• Pregnancy, including high-risk pregnancies
• Childbirth (Natural, Caesarean, "Horoscope baby”)
• Infertility (Reproductive Medicine)
• Gynaecological conditions and malignancies
Your health matters as much as your newborn. Contact us today for enquiries:
- WhatsApp: +6011 1608 2588