Difficulty in urinating? Discoloration in your pee? Procreation woes? You might be showing symptoms for a severe underlying diagnosis related to your urinary tract.
Sungai Long Hospital specialises in treatments related to the urinary tract in addition to the male reproductive organs. From simple urinary bladder excretion to male fertility issues, Sungai Long Hospital has the expertise in treating patients with the utmost care in such regards. In addition to advanced facilities and services, Sungai Long Hospital is composed of specially-trained urologists to provide professional care to the needs of the patient.
In addition to treating the male reproductive system, urologists treat diseases and conditions related to the kidneys, bladder, and urinary tract – all of which affect both males and females alike.
DID YOU KNOW:
1. Prostate enlargement causes urinary problems such as frequency of urination, urgency, incontinence, poor stream, haematuria (blood in the urine) and nocturia (night time frequency). Elderly men are often diagnosed with these problems. Urinary tract infections, bladder stones and kidney failure are some of the risks of leaving these symptoms untreated.
2. Urine consists of mostly water and ammonia. Blood or other discoloration of the urine is a sign of infection and may need medical intervention.
3. Excessive sugar intake leads to diabetes, which in turn lead to urinary tract infections as bacteria thrives in high-sugar urine.
4. The dehydration qualities of alcohol harm the kidneys by affecting the ability to regulate fluid and electrolytes in the body. Intoxication overstimulates the kidneys to work excessively in filtering alcohol out of the body. Excessive consumption of alcohol may cause kidney functions to fail.
5. Smoking may cause infertility as the chemicals inhaled affect the male reproduction system. Smokers are found to have more abnormal sperm that may affect reproductive fertilization.
6. Testicular cancer is the most common cancer found in young men besides lung cancer, often caused by smoking and poor lifestyle choices.
7. Regular exercise, restricted sugar intake, and alcohol abstinence aid in kidney functions.
8. Selangor is Malaysia’s state with the highest number of diabetic patients, with over 232 000, or 15% of the state residence registered with the disease.
9. 49% of diabetic Malaysians have never been diagnosed with the chronic disease, estimating about 3.9 million adults in 2019. From dialysis to urogynecology,
Sungai Long Specialist Hospital provides medical services in addressing patients with (but not limited to) the following conditions:
• Urinary tract infections
• Male infertility
• Lower urinary tract dysfunction (poor urinary flow, urinary incontinence, night-time urination, painful urination etc.)
• Kidney stone
• Sexually transmitted diseases (STD/STI)
• Prostate cancer
• Testicular cancer
• Bladder cancer
• Erectile dysfunction
• Kidney diseases
• Haematuria (blood in the urine)
• Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome
Contact us today for enquiries:
Whatsapp: https://wa.me/601116082588 WhatsApp
Tel No: +6011 1608 2588